- Help with emergencies and disaster relief
- Becoming a volunteer
– How to register as a Disaster Medical Assistance Volunteer (DMAT );
Includes International Medical Surgical Response Team -IMSURT).
– The Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals (ESAR-VHP) www.phe.gov/esarvhp/pages/about.aspx
– CIDI – Center for International Disaster Information, an office of USAID. Registering as a volunteer shares your information with agencies in need. Only member agencies of Interaction (http://www.interaction.org) have access to the database.
- Organizations that respond to disasters domestically/internationally:
– Partners in Health www.pih.org
– International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
– International Medical Relief www.internationalmedicalrelief.org
– International Relief Teams https://irteams.org/
– Medical Teams International http://www.medicalteams.org
– Doctors without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres) http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org
- Do’s and don’ts of a disaster volunteer. Examples: